Advisory: If you are on any of the custom ROM version then your phone is already ROOTED. You need not follow the below procedure to root the phone. The below process is for all those users who have HTC EVO 3D devices are on the Stock / Default Firmware versions.
Just in case if you are having the HTC Evo 3D smartphone then in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily root the device. This rooting process comes as a huge respite for all the users who always wanted to try new custom ROMs as well as apply other tweaks which promises and helps you to make the most out of your device. Please note that rooting your device will void the warranty, so be informed about the same. Also, most importantly you need to follow all the instructions which are mentioned in the due course of the article carefully or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone. Just in case, if you don’t know on what is rooting then we have just briefed about the Rooting in the below paragraph. Please note that, this version of Rooting process is only tested and recommended for the HTC EVO 3D CDMA version, we cannot confirm or comment on the Rooting process for the GSM version of the HTC Evo 3D.
Disclaimer: We, Android Advices should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your device after following the instructions which is very unlikely just in case if you follow the instructions properly.
Rooting is a process wherein the system level files are provided the required access by the third party files so that the required customization can be done easily. For example, once the phone gets rooted then you can easily several customizations including the custom ROM to your phone. There are advantages as well as the disadvantages of the rooting process which we will see them below.
Advantages / Benefits of Rooting:
- To install Custom ROMs like Cyanogen Mod 7.1 etc.,
- To convert he file system from the buggy and slow RFS to the faster EXT4 File system,
- To remove the system applications which otherwise is not possible if you are on default firmware,
- To install applications which need Rooting access
Disadvantages of Rooting:
Though there are not many disadvantages of the rooting but just one which is,
Once you root the device then the warranty gets void straightaway which is an irreversible process.
So, now let’s head to the short list of pre requisites which you need to follow and then we will move on to the procedural instructions to root the phone in the next page.
Pre Requisites before Rooting:
- There is a possibility that in the process of the rooting process, the data which is stored in the phone may get lost. So, it’s always better to keep a backup of the same so that just in case if the data gets lost, the same can be restored easily. It’s not recommended to create a backup using the PC Suite of HTC as that may or may not detect the device after rooting process. We have mentioned the list of tips with which you can easily create a backup of the same.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- You will have to now charge your phone to the minimum of 70% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of the firmware update.
- Download & install the HTC Sync Drivers in your computer and ensure that all the tools like PC Suites, Firewalls and other Antivirus tools are completely closed as these may interrupt the process of the rooting process. Get admin rights in your computer along with the USB Read / Write access and also enable the USB Debugging in your phone. The USB Debugging can be enabled from the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Let’s proceed to the list of instructions with which you can root the same.