For all the users of HTC Flyer, you can now root your devices. In the due course of this article we will see on how you can root the device easily. Just in case if you have recently purchased this phone and don’t know much about rooting then too we will guide you in the due course of this article on what is rooting and merits as well as demerits of the same. Please be informed that rooting the device will void the warranty and also its very important to follow the mentioned instructions carefully.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is a process where the system level files in the device are provided with the access to the third party softwares or applications in the form of custom made ROMs or the applications which needs the root access. Rooting is very important if you want to customize the phone with the Custom ROMs as without that it’s not possible to customize the device much.
Merits of Rooting:
We have compiled a small list of list which becomes possible if you root the device.
- Rooting allows you to convert the existing file system of laggy RFS to the faster and efficient EXT4 file system.
- It also allows you to remove the system applications which come by default.
- It allows you to install the custom firmwares as well as the beta Stock ROMs from different country
De Merits of Rooting:
Though there are not many negative points of rooting, the only two negatives of rooting are,
- If rooting process is not followed properly then you may even brick the device,
- Rooting voids the warranty
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner if any damage happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below. Also, please note that rooting the phone will void the warranty completely though the warranty can be reclaimed as soon as you update with the default firmware.
Quick Rooting Pre Requisites:
- Backup all the data which is stored in the phone so that just in case if any data is lost or corrupted then you can easily restore the same. Follow the below links to back up the data.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Disable all the PC Suite softwares, Firewalls as well as Antivirus suites in your computer. Ensure that the phone is left with charge with at least 70% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned off.
Procedure to Root HTC Flyer:
- First up you need to Setup ADB in your computer. After this you need to enable the USB Debugging which can be done from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Also, disable the fast boot, it can be disabled from the path of “Settings > Power > Fast boot”.
- Now, download and install the HTC Drivers in your computer and ensure that your pc has an access to the Internet.
- After this you need to power off the phone and then “Press the Volume Down Key and holding the Volume down button Power ON the device by pressing the Power button”. After this you will get into the recovery mode. Just in case if the phone boots normally then you need to re follow the procedure to enter the phone in the recovery mode.
- Now, plug the phone to the computer using the USB cable and then ifyou don’t see the message of “HBOOT USB PLUG” then select the HBOOT USB mode and ensure that the “HBOOT USB PLUG” message appears.
- After this, install the drivers which are stored in the computer which will be located in the default path if you haven’t changed the path. The path is mentioned below,
Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\HTC
Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC
- Just in case if you didn’t see any prompt to select the drivers then you can update the drivers from the “Device manager” which you will get by Right Clicking on the “My Computer” icon and then click on “Properties” to find the same.
- To ensure that the device is connected or not, you need to enter the following command in the terminal, command line or in shell.
- After this you will have to visit the website of the HTC Beta Key Generator where in you will have to click on the option of “Download for Windows” after which you will get a prompt to download the file after filling in the details like operating system, your device name, HBOOT Version and also the serial number of the phone as shown in the above screen capture.