Developers of HTC Inspire 4G finally gets inspired and ropes in the workaround with which you can easily root the device with just a simple tutorial which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. Please be informed that once you root the device, you will be able to easily install the custom ROM firmwares in your device and also once you root the device, the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by re applying the firmware update again in your device.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Rooting Work Around Kit:
- Completely integrated/invisible gold card process
- Only ONE menu step – HACK ACE
- No ROM downgrade required (only radio/kernel)
- No wiping data
- Rom is fully functional (yes, inc wifi)
- Fully rooted with insecure boot image (supports adb remount for rw system)
- Busybox manager app installed
- S-Off, superCid & carrier sim unlock
- Correct Radio is automagically restored for HSPA+ operation
- Clockworkmod Recovery and Rom Manager included
- Both stock Froyo and Gingerbread (pre Sense 3.0) supported
- Easy return to stock for AT&T, Telus and WWE CID HTC__001
- Much smaller download
- Much smaller firmware flash to obtain the exploit – comparatively very fast processing.
Rooting Pre Requisites:
- Please note that before you proceed you need to ensure that you have created a backup of all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily. Don’t use HTC Sync to back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Ensure that your device is on the Stock / Default firmware and not on any of the custom ROM firmwares. Uninstall the HTC Sync in your computer.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone.