HTC Rezound users can now smile as in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily root your device. This news of rooting comes in as a huge relief for all those who have just recently purchased this newly launched phone. Rooting basically helps in further customizing the phone and also additionally it also lets you to use the applications which specially need the rooting access so as to access the system level files.
Over a due course if this article we will not only see on how to root htc rezound device but we will also see on exactly what is meant by rooting and also what are the list of merits as well as the demerits of rooting. The only request we want to make to you is that please follow all the instructions properly so as to facilitate the smooth firmware rooting process. The rooting process which we will be seeing can be applied by all the users who are on the Gingerbread 2.3.4 version of firmware on htc rezound. We will soon be coming up with many tweaks as well as the custom firmware as in when the time progresses. Also, we want a feedback from you on what exactly you are expecting from your device so that it will help us to provide accurate support for your phone.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner if any damage happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below. Also, please note that rooting the phone will void the warranty completely though the warranty can be reclaimed as soon as you update with the default firmware.
Rooting is a process wherein the system level files are given with the access by the third party applications. This is very important when you want to customize your phone if you wish to install any custom MOD ROMs as well as for installing the beta firmwares for your htc rezound. Over a period of time, we will see on androidadvices.com about on how to install the custom firmwares.
Merits of Rooting:
There are several advantages of rooting out of which we will see just the top ones. The Rooting allows,
- to customize in the form of allowing installation of custom ROM Firmwares and Beta firmwares,
- to convert the file system of current RFS to the faster ext4 file formats,
- to apply host of customizations,
- to remove the system apps which come by default along with the phone.
De Merits of Rooting:
Though there are not many demerits of rooting but there is just one which is, after rooting the device’s warranty gets void. So, be informed that the warranty gets void after rooting as boot loader unlock policy from htc doesn’t allow one to root.
So now let’s proceed and see in the next page about what are the list of pre requisites which you need to follow along with the detailed procedure on how to root htc rezound.
Pre Rooting Instructions:
- In the process of rooting, there is a possibility that sometimes some of the files may get corrupted, so you need to ensure that you create a backup of all the critical data which is stored in the phone. You can make use of below mentioned links so as to create a backup of the same so that data can be restored if any is lost or corrupted.
- Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
- SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
- Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
- Call Log - Call Log and Restore
- Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
- Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Ensure that the battery charge left in the phone is at least 70% so as to just ensure that the device doesn’t get turned off in the process of the firmware update.
- All tools like the Antivirus, Firewall tools as well as the PC Suite should be completely closed or else there is a high probability that these tools may interrupt the process of the rooting process. You need to ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled in the phone, the same can be done from the path of “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging” and then ensure that the USB Debugging is ticked in the option.