HTC One VX smartphone can now be Rooted, yes you have heard it right. Just days after its announcement, developers out there have launched the Rooting tool and what’s the best part is that with just one click you can easily root the device which means that you need not go through the complex flashing process and even a kid can root your HTC One VX Android smartphone by reading the detailed guide which we have mentioned below. Once you root the device, you can then easily install the Jellybean 4.2.1 apps which we have discussed earlier on how you can install on your rooted device. In the coming days we will also be checking out on what are the instructions with which you can easily install the custom ROMs based on Jellybean 4.2.1 builds etc.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Creating a backup of all your data is an awesome idea, so what are you waiting for? With the help of below mentioned steps its always better to create a backup of all the data so that just in case if any day your data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of rooting process. Also, make sure that your computer has active USB connections that is with Full Read / Write Access.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
- Please note that once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void, the only way to get the warranty back is to reapply the original / stock firmware in HTC One VX smartphone which we will be coming days.
So, once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update HTC One VX with One Click Tool:
- Download the HTC Drivers for One VX from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then download the Rooting Zip Package from here to your computer.
- Extract the contents of Rooting Package preferably to your desktop and then from the extracted folder, open root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script in your computer to follow the simple to follow on screen instructions.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for rooting the device. Once the device is rooted successfully, you need to disconnect the device from the computer and download the “ROM MANAGER” app from the Google PLAY Store so that you can then directly enter the device in the recovery mode. Please note that once the device is rooted successfully, it will be rebooting.
- Now, to check on whether your phone has rooted successfully or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether your device has got rooted or not. If the device is not rooted, you need to re follow the instructions again.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.