Procedure to turn Off S and to install Custom Recovery Image:
- Before proceeding you need to ensure that whether the HBoot is there in the Desire S or not along with the serial number. To find out you will have to boot the device first into the boot loader which you can do by powering Off the deviceand then powering back ON by holding the Volume down and the Power button. The serial number can be found from below the battery or also you can find out via the ADB from the command. “adb devices / fastboot devices”.
- Now, once you are done with that you will have to enable the USB debugging from the path of “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. After enabling the USB debugging, you will now need to proceed to download the HTC Sync drivers in your phone and then you ned to install on the Windows computer, please note that the Linux based or the Mac based computers are not yet supported.
- Disable the fast boot from the path of “Settings > Power > Fast boot”. Just in case if you would like to know on how you can turn On the USB Debugging then you can do so from the below screen capture too.
- Now, you will need to proceed to the website of HTC Beta Key Generator where in you will have to click on the option of “Download for Windows” where you will be prompted to select the options like the Operating system, your device model name, HBoot version and also the serial number which you can find it out from below the battery. Once you enter all the details, you will then need to proceed to click on the “Generate key” as you can see in the below screen capture.
- Now, within sometime you will get the beta key and then connect the phone to the computer to the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase and then open the Revolutionary Beta key which you have downloaded from the above link after which the S Off will be attained automatically and the phone will be rooted successfully along with that the custom Recovery image too will be successfully installed in the phone.
- Once you gain the S Off and the custom Recovery is installed successfully, you need to install the ROM Manager application from the Android Apps Labs. We will see over a period of articles on how to make use of the ROM Manager.
So, in this way you have easily learnt on how you can root the HTC Desire S. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will sure that all your issues are solved out at the earliest.