Not many people know about this ultra expensive tablet from htc named as “Jet Stream” which can give a tough challenge to the likes of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. So, just in case if you managed to get this, we will guide you in the due course of the article on how to root and install the Clock Work Mod recovery so that you can install the custom ROM firmwares in your device including the upcoming ICS Android 4.0 firmware.
So, let’s proceed to the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then we will check out on what is the procedure to root and install the custom recovery in the htc Jet Stream tablet.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of updating your phone which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all the data present in your device memory so as to ensure that just in case if the data is lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data using the PC Suites as it may or may not detect the device after rooting.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Up next, charge your phone with at least 50% of the battery charge so as to ensure that the it doesn’t go Off in the middle of rooting process.
- Now, you need to enable the USB Debugging in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and Close all the tools like Firewalls, Antivirus suites and also the PC Suites in your computer or else these tools will tend to interrupt the process of rooting.
Procedure to Root HTC Jet Stream:
- Before Proceeding, you first need to Download Insecure Kernel V02 from here to your computer and reboot the htc Jetstream in the fast boot mode by entering the below mentioned command. Please note that to execute this command; you need to install ADB in HTC Jet Stream. Now, you need to connect the phone to the computer using the original USB cable.
adb reboot bootloader
- After this, you need to check that the device is connected or not which you can check be entering the command which is mentioned below.
- Now, if the device is detected you need to proceed to the next step, or if the device is not selected you need to check with the adb connection or drivers. After the device gets detected, you need to hboot this kernel which you have downloaded using the command which is mentioned below.
fastboot boot filename.img
- Now, you will see that the device will be starting to boot in the normal mode and then you now need to remove the connected USB cable and download the v02 toolkit for Jet Stream files to extract contents in root directory of your pc (e.g: c:\ OR d:\).
- Up next, you need to do is to activate the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” if it was not enabled before. After this, you need to connect the device to the computer and execute the RUNME.bat file in your computer.
So, there you go you have now successfully rooted your HTC Jet Stream tablet. Do let us know in the comments section or you can head to the Source link which is mentioned below.