Last time we saw on how you can update your Motorola Xoom with the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 version and for all those who wanted to root their devices here’s a great news as in the due course of this article we will see on how to root the same. Be it overclocking or say installation of custom ROMs, you can now easily do the same in your Xoom. Please note that this only works on the Wi-Fi version of Motorola Xoom and not on the normal version of Xoom.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible just in case if any damage happens to your device in the process of following this article.
Note: Rooting Voids warranty, the only way you can un root he device is by restoring the factory firmware which too we have mentioned in the article.
- Backup all your data, as in the process of rooting the data gets deleted or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned tips, you can easily backup or restore the data back into your phone.
- Note that you need to have a minimum of 60% battery life so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of the rooting process. Enable the USB Debugging mode from the path
So, now let’s proceed to the procedure to root the Motorola Xoom Wi Fi version:
Procedure to Root Motorola Xoom Wi Fi on ICS Android 4.0.3:
Step – 1 : Installation of Clock Work Mod Recovery in Motorola Wi Fi XOOM
- Download the Super user and the Clock Work Recovery Image in your computer. After downloading, connect your Motorola Xoom with the computer using the Original USB cable to copy the same in your device. After copying, you need to disconnect the USB cable which is connected.
- Now all you need to do is to boot your device in the fast boot mode. After this, you need to connect the Xoom to the computer using the USB cable and start the command prompt to enter the below mentioned command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The above command will push cwm recovery image into the device and then after this once the recovery mode is pushed successfully, the device will now be rebooted and there you go. The CWM recovery image has been successfully installed in the device.
So, now let’s see on how you can root the same after installing the CWM image in your Motorola Xoom.
Step – 2: Installation of Super User for Rooting Xoom Wi Fi version
- Connect your Motorola Xoom Wifi to the computer using the USB cable and then you need to copy the downloaded Super user package to your Motorola Xoom. Once you copy the file, you need to disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now, you need to boot the tablet so as to enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by Holding the Volume Down button when the Motorola Logo is shown when the device is booted normally.
- After this, in the recovery mode itself, you will find an option of “Flash Zip from SD Card”. Select “Choose Zip from sd card” to select the Super user zip file which you have placed in your Motorola Xoom Wi Fi only version.
So that’s it you have now successfully rooted and installed the latest the custom recovery image in your device. Do let us know your thoughts on just in case if there are any issues.