How to Root & Install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 Android Phone
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660:
- Download the Rooting Zip package for Galaxy GIO S5660 from here to your computer. As soon as you download, you need to extract the same to your desktop. For your convenience, we have not added any sorts of Password.
- After extraction, you need to match all the files with the above mentioned screen capture. Even if single file is missing then you need to again download the file.
- Now, you need to open the Odin in your computer and turn Off your phone so as to turn ON the device in the Download Mode. To enter into the download mode, you need to press the Volume Down key + Home key and then you need to Power ON the device holding the former two keys.
- Once you enter into the download mode, connect the phone with the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase connect the phone with the computer where you have downloaded the above files keeping the Odin opened in your computer.
- After connecting the phone to computer, you will see that the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow which means that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are ready to proceed to the next step. Now, in Odin you need to select the corresponding files as mentioned in the below shown contents.
Click on “OPS” & Select “GIO_v1.0.ops”
Tick Mark on “One Package”,
Click on “One Package” tab and choose the file named as “cwm-18.104.22.168-ext4only-odin.tar.md5”
- After selecting the two things from the above mentioned list, you now need to proceed to double check the file selections and click on “Start” button in the Odin to start the process of the rooting.
- Now, as soon as the rooting process is done, you will see that the device will be restarted. Once the device gets restarted, you will see that the phone will be having the Super user and CWM application in your application list.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.