Have a Samsung Galaxy Note? Then in this article we will check out on how you can install the Clock Work MOD recovery and also root your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Please note that it’s the safest ever procedure and the only thing you need to ensure is that you follow the instructions which are mentioned in the article. It has been found that despite mentioning everything in detail, some users don’t follow the procedure and end up flashing the rooting process to some other phone. Since this is the global patch, anyone with their Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device can proceed with the rooting of the device. The only condition being is that the device needs to be on the default or stock firmware.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Data present in your device may get lost or get corrupted, so ensure that you back them up by following the tips which are mentioned below so that you can restore all the data.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Notes – Manually you need to note down or need to transfer to Evernote
- Up next ensure that the device is left with the minimum of 60% charge so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
- After this you will have to close all the tools like Security Suites, Firewall tools and also the KIES PC Suite as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. Disable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Procedure to Root and Install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- So, before you proceed, you need to first download the Complete Rooting PACKAGE which contains the Odin flash tool as well as the Clock Work MOD recovery tool. Once you download in your computer, extract the same to the desktop preferably.
- In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- As soon as the file is extracted, you now need to match the extracted files with the below mentioned screen capture. Once it matches, you can proceed with the next step.
- From the extracted files, you need to open the Odin flash tool executable file as shown below and then you need to turn off the phone so that you can then enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below Video for more.
- Now, keeping Odin opened in the computer, connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. As soon as you connect, within a minute the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and then you need to proceed to select the files in the Odin.
- In odin click on “PDA” and select the file which is named as “netchip-cwm-update2.tar”. After this, click on “Start” tab to start the process of rooting process. As soon as the rooting process is done, the device will be restarting automatically which will mean that the device has been successfully rooted.
- Now, to install the Clock Work mod recovery zip file you will have to now connect the phone to the computer and then need to download Custom Recovery image and copy the file which is named as “Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip” to your device.
- Remove the connected USB cable and then you need to turn Off the phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the center button and Power the device. Now, in the recovery mode you need to select the option of “install zip from SD Card” and then you need to select the file which you have placed the file named as “Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip”
Once the process is done, the device will be rebooted and that’s it the device has been successfully rebooted. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try to fix it as soon as possible.