Android is android and for all those who wanted to install the Google Apps package and root the all new Nokia X Android smartphone can now do the same. While Nokia unveiled 3 new android smartphones which were Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL in the recent Mobile World Congress event. The rooting has been achieved for Nokia X android device which will allow users to side load the Google PLAY Store and also other android apps like Google Now launchers etc. So after checking out the detailed list of quick pre requisites, you can now proceed on to check on what are the instructions with which you can apply the update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Don’t use any PC tools for backing all the data present in your Nokia X Android smartphone.
SMS – Currently there is no automated way to backup sms
Contacts – Sync with the Outlook application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- For applying this custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your Note 3 is rooted. To check whether your Galaxy Note 3 Android phone is rooted or not, you will have to check the same from Root Checker app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s head over to the next section where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Nokia X Android Phone:
- Download the Rooting APK, Google Apps APKs in your computer and place the same in your Nokia X Android phone. After downloading the zip package, all you need to do is to unzip to get the APKs.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the APKs in your device.
- With the help of file manager app, head over to the placed APK and tap on the same to follow on screen instructions and root your Nokia X android smartphone.
- Up next, head over to the Google Apps APKs which you have placed in the device to /system/app and change permissions for this files in the device.
- Up next, you need to install the Google Apps Package which you have earlier placed in the device.
- Now, all you need to do is to just open the Google Play Store app in your Nokia X android phone after which it will ask you to add your Google Account.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to help you with the same.