How to Root Lenovo Idea PAD A1 – Tutorial with Super One Click Tool
Having a Lenovo Idea PAD A1 Tablet? Then in this article we will learn about on how you can easily root this table so that you can make the most out of it. This process of rooting will enable you to not only customize the device but will also allow you to easily install the custom ROM firmwares and also you will be able to install the apps which require the rooting access to be used. So, first up let’s see on what are the pre requisite instructions which you need to follow and then followed by the procedure to root the Lenovo Idea PAD A1 Tablet. Over a period of next few days we will check out on how you can make use of various custom roms for this device. We have also heard that the ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 version is in the making and the same will be covered on androidadvices.com.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Lenovo idea PAD A1 Tablet which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
Quick Pre Requisistes:
- Backup all the data present in your phone so that just in case if data gets corrupted or lost then you can easily restore the backup taken from the below mentioned tips. Please don’t use the PC Suites to backup the data.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Notes – Manually you need to note down or need to transfer to Evernote
- Up next ensure that the device is left with the minimum of 60% charge so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
- After this you will have to close all the tools like Security Suites, Firewall tools and also the KIES PC Suite as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. Disable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Please note that you need to have the latest version of KIES installed in your computer so as to ensure that all the drivers are successfully installed.
So, now let’s head to the next page where we will see on how you can root the device easily.
Procedure to Root Lenovo Idea PAD A1:
- First up before proceeding, you need to download the Super One Click Rooting Package for Lenovo Idea PAD A1 tablet in your computer. So, after this, you need to extract it and in the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- From the list of extracted files, click on the file “Super One Clicked Root” tool and with the help of USB cable connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. Please note that even if a single file is missing from the extracted files, you need to download the same again from the above mentioned link.
- After this, click on “Root” tab for the process of rooting to commence. As soon as the rooting process is done, you will then be intimated with the message as the device rooted successfully as shown in the below screen capture.
- So, in this way the Lenovo Idea PA A1 has successfully rooted.
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Please note that as soon as the rooting is done, you will see another icon in your list of applications which is the Super user or the CWM, even if one of these apps is there then that means that the device has been successfully rooted and you are now ready to apply any sorts of customization.