LG G Flex Android smartphone users can now make use of the custom ROM firmwares as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the device. Once rooted, you can then make use of the apps which need rooting access and also the custom ROMs which are based on the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. After checking out the list of quick pre requisites below, let’s proceed to the detailed procedure which will help you root the device. Though this smartphone is one of the priciest smartphones, it seems like there are many custom ROM firmwares which can truly enhance the user experience of this device. Along with the capabilities like self healing technology, this device is one of the premium smartphones in the market.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your LG PC Suite should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the help of LG PC Tool or any automated PC Suites.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your LG G2 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned process, let’s check out on what are the steps which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root LG G Flex Android Smartphone:
- Download the VRoot tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Open the VRoot tool from here to your computer and click on “Root” to start the process of rooting. Once rooted, you will see the below mentioned screen. Please make sure that you are not invoking the process of rooting in the middle of rooting process and also you need to make sure that once the device is rooted, LG G Flex Android smartphone will be rebooted.
- The whole process of rooting might take around 3 -4 minutes. Once rooted, all you need to do is to download the “Root checker” app from Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not.
Note: If at all your LG G Flex smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
We will very soon come out with the custom ROM firmwares which will make sure that you make the most of it. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully rooted your LG G Flex Android smartphone.