LG G2 Android phone can now be rooted with a simple procedure. While LG G2 is still yet to release in most parts of the globe, it has been already launched with the Verizon and ATT Network providers. Once rooted, you can then proceed on to install the latest custom ROM firmwares and also can install the moods which we will be coming out with very soon. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions with which you can root the device, you will have to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Data present in your LG G2 Android Phone should be backed up manually so that just in case if any of the data gets corrupted / lost, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- In your LG G2, head over to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to select the option. Minimum battery left in your LG G2 Android Phone should be more than 50% or else the device might just get turn Off in the midst of rooting.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your LG G2 Android Phone due to not following instructions.
Once you are done following all the above mentioned steps, you can now move on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed steps which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root LG G2 Android Phone:
For Verizon Users:
- First up download the Drivers for LG G2 Android Phone from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open the same to install the drivers by double clicking on tools\LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1.msi file.
- Connect your phone to the computer using original USB cable and open the command prompt in your computer and type the below mentioned command;
- If the ADB is working, the command prompt will mention the serial number. Now, download the Rooting Tool from here to your computer and follow the on screen instructions to root the same.
- Once the rooting is finished, you will see a pop up screen which has the model number of the phone LG-D800 and a check mark. Notice the button on the bottom right, it says ROOT with some Chinese lettering.
- Now once the device is rooted, the phone will reboot and will install the Root Manager in the device which will be in Chinese. Now, download the Superuser by Clock Work Mod from the PlayStore and Accept all the pop ups from the Superuser.
Optionally you can also install the Busybox with Busy box installer. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the Root Checker app from the PLAY Store and check the same.
For AT&T, T Mobile and Korean Users:
- Download the LG United Mobile Drivers from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract and install the same using the on screen instructions.
- Now, check on whether the ADB is working in the device or not. Head over to the Settings > About Phone > Software Information and click on “Build 5” for than 4 -5 times and go back to choose the Development Settings to enable the USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and open the command prompt enter the below mentioned command and press enter,
- Once you see the serial number, you will have to download the Rooting Tool from here to your computer and install the same.
- Open the Rooting Program and follow the on screen instructions for rooting the same and once the device is rooted, a pop up will mention the model number of the phone LG-D800 and a check mark. Notice the button on the bottom right, it says ROOT with some chinese lettering.
- Now phone will reboot and will install the ROOT Manager in the device. Download the Superuser from the Google PLAY Store and install the Superuser binary as well to flash the custom Recovery image and Busy Box from the App Store in your device.
- Finally to check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting your LG G2 variant of smartphone.