While LG G3 Android smartphone continues to be one of the most awaited smartphones of the year, let’s check out on how you can root the same with the help of some simple to follow instructions. While this phone has been launched in Korea, it’s still yet to be launched in other parts of the globe. Once rooted, you can then install the apps which requires the root access along with the custom ROM firmwares which can be installed. So before we slip into the detailed instructions which will help you root the device, you need to follow some simple quick pre requisites mentioned below.
Note: This method is only applicable for Windows users and not for MAC users.
There are 2 rooting methods, IO Root and Root Tool method. We will be checking both of them one after other.
Supported Models for Rooting:
- Korean G3 F400K/L/S
- International G3 D855
- AT&T G3 (D850)
- T-Mobile G3 (D851)
- Canadian G3 (LG-D852)
- Sprint G3 (LS990)
- Verizon G3 (VS985)
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s strongly recommended to create the manual back up of all the data present in your Nexus 5 so as to make sure that the data can be restored easily. Don’t make use of any automated tools as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Nonetheless, make sure that the battery left in your LG G3 is left with the minimum of 50% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get tuned Off in the middle of rooting process. Make sure that LG G3 drivers are installed in your computer which has Full USB Read/ Write access.
- Head over to the path “Settings > About Phone “ in your Nexus 5 and tap on the “About Phone” 5 – 10 times for becoming the developer. Enable the USB Debugging in your Nexus 5 powered with Android L from the path “Settings > Developer Options” by enabling the USB Debugging option.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that all of the above steps are fulfilled, let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed instructions which will help you root your LG G3 Android phone.
Procedure to Root LG G3 Android Smartphone:
Option 1: IO Root:
- Download the IO Root tool from here to your computer and extract the same.
- Enter your LG G3 in the Airplane mode just to make sure that device doesn’t get any interruptions due to calls, sms and other notifications.
- Connect your LG G3 Android phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Open the IO Root folder to open the “root.bat” file.
- Once you see the command prompt, you need to press Enter while the IO Root script reboots your phone.
- Once the device reboots, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store an check the same on whether the device is rooted or not.
Option 2: RootTool:
- Connect your LG G3 Android phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable preferably.
- Download Root Tool Zip package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, you need to unzip the same and open the extracted folder.
- Double click on the “Run.bat” file in your computer and follow the on screen instructions in your computer and device.
- When you see the recovery screen in your device, you need to select “update from ADB” option using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to select the same.
- Root.zip file which you have downloaded will be pushed to the device. Now after this, you need to select “reboot system now” option for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Once the device reboots, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store an check the same on whether the device is rooted or not.
- Head over to the Google PLAY Store and download the SuperSU app to install latest version of SuperSU app.
Note: Just in case if your device gets stuck on any of the screen, you need to re follow the instructions from the start by rebooting the device.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting your LG G3.