LG Lucid 4G device can now be easily rooted and in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same with the help of a simple tutorial. Please note that this rooting procedure can only be applied to the devices which are on the stock firmwares. Once you root the device, you can then install many custom ROM firmwares along with that you can also install the apps which require the root access. Over a period of this article we will be checking out in detail on how to root the device with the help of pre requisites and a complete tutorial to root LG Lucid 4G.
Rooting Information: Please note that this procedure will be voiding the warranty of your LG Lucid 4G and the only way you can revoke the root access by again re applying the official factory firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Though the data won’t be lost in your LG Lucid 4G but it’s always recommended to back up the data so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets corrupted or deleted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your LG Lucid 4G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you now need to proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your phone.
Procedure to Root LG Lucid 4G on Stock Firmware:
- Download the LG Lucid 4G Rooting tool from here to your computer and unzip the same in your computer.
- Up next, connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable and run the “run.bat” executable file in your computer after which you will be getting a screen a mentioned below.
- Now, you need to press “Enter” after which the phone will be rooted. As soon as the phone is rooted, the device will be rebooted.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of rooting process gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest. Congrats, you have now successfully rooted your device.