LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 can now be rooted and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the same. So, for all those who wanted to root their devices and install the custom ROM firmwares can now rejoice. To keep things simple and convenient, we have summed up a detailed list of pre requisites and then in the next page we have listed some simple steps which will help you root your LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 smartphone. Also, once you have rooted the device, you can then install the apps which need the root access.
In the next few coming days we will also be coming up with an array of custom ROM firmwares which will help you to install the custom ROM firmwares.So, lets get started with the detailed pre requisites to be followed and then followed by that the detailed guide on how to root.
- Though it’s not a compulsion, it’s recommended to back up all the data with the help of below mentioned steps. Alternatively, for your convenience you can also create a backup of all your data with the help of PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Ensure that your LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 is left with the minimum of 60% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of rooting process. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to root LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 with a detailed tutorial.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 on Any Firmware:
- Download the LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 Rooting Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Up next, download “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” attached below and copy to root of your phone (internal storage). Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Now disconnect the phone connected from computer and Install “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” which you have placed in the device by opening the same.
- Now, open the installed “System Backup Test” and then Hold down the power button and reboot the device. Please note that you might get Boot loop, so don’t PANIC. Just wait for the LG LOGO.
- After around 3-4 Minutes on LG LOGO, Press the Power Button and then connect the phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then open the O3DM Rooting Kit folder, run the file «root.bat» which is there in the system to press Enter. Wait until the script is executed and the phone will reboot and once it’s done, disconnect the device and download the “Super User” app from the Google PLAY Store.
- To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store where you will be able to find the root status.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your LG Optimus 3D MAX P720 with the help of above mentioned steps.
thanks to Eklovya