How to Root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 on Any Firmware – Tutorial
LG Optimus 4X HD P880 smartphone users will now be delighted to know that you can now root your smartphone so as to install the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in the form of custom ROM firmwares. We will be checking out a slew of custom ROM firmwares in coming days so that you can make the most out of them. Just in case if you are not aware of what exactly rooting means in Android, then rooting is nothing but it allows third party files to access the system level files so that the required customization can be done. The customization can be on the user interface front and also on the add on apps front which comes by default in the custom ROM firmwares.
The need for rooting is, unfortunately there is no ETA on by when there will be an official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update roll out but all thanks to the custom ROM firmware developers who have come up with some firmwares based on Android 4.1 and on Jellybean 4.1.1 versions.
Either with the help of below manual instructions to backup or with the help of PC Suite tools, you can create a backup of all the files present in your phone so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by selecting the appropriate option in your LG Optimus 4X HD P880. After this, disable all the antivirus suites installed in your phone as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
Make sure that minimum battery level is more than 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned tips, you can now head to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to root your LG Optimus 4X HD P880 smartphone.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 Smartphone:
- First up, download and install the LG USB Driver in your computer as it will be required in the due course of rooting process. Up next, download and extract the Root kit (o4xr.zip) to “C:\o4xr”
- Now, Download and copy “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” to your phone by connecting the phone to computer using the original USB cable.
- Head over to the path “Settings -> Security” and make sure “Unknown Sources” is ticked. Disconnect the phone from computer if connected to the computer.
- Now, go to the placed file “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” and open the same to install in your LG device. Once installed, open the app named as “SystemBackupTest” which will be there in your Applications list.
- Now, hold the press the power button to select “Power off and restart”. Now, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Make sure the phone is in “Charging Only” mode
- In your computer, open the command prompt and ensure that you are right clicking on the command prompt to select “Run in Administrator mode”. Once the command prompt is started, enter the below mentioned commands one by one as mentioned,
- Once you enter the “root” command, wait till the device completed the process and then you will see “C:\o4xr>” in the command prompt. Now, you need to disconnect the phone connected from computer.
- Now, all you need to do is to just select the option of uninstall the “SystemBackupTest” app on your phone. (Please make sure that you are not opening the app, or else you will need to run the script again).
- Download the “Super user” application from the Google PLAY Store and update all the SU binaries. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download and install the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update process. Also, we will keep you posted about the upcoming custom ROM firmwares for LG Optimus 4X HD P880 smartphone. So there you go, you have successfully learnt on how to Root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 Android phone.