How to Root & Install Custom Recovery Image in LG Optimus G Pro F240 – Guide
Bought an LG Optimus G Pro smartphone and wish to root the same? Then we will help you in the due course of this article which will help you root the device with the help of simple instructions. For all those who are not aware of rooting or say benefits, once rooted you can install the apps which need root access along with the custom ROM firmwares which you can make the most of Android. So before we proceed onto the check on what is the detailed procedure to root, let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites which will make sure that the whole process is completed successfully.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Only with the help of below mentioned steps, it’s preferred to create a backup. Make sure that you are not making use of LG PC Suite for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > More > Development Options > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So, let’s check out on how you can root LG Optimus G Pro with the help of simple instructions.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus G Pro Android Phone:
- Download the Rooting Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same in your computer and connect your LG Optimus G Pro smartphone with the help of original USB cable.
- Make sure that you have installed the drivers for LG Optimus G Pro in your computer. Once installed, open the folder which you have downloaded and extracted and open the Root.bat executable file to follow the on screen instructions.
- Just follow the on screen instructions to root the same and once the device is rooted, you will get to see the message. Please note that it may take around 5 -6 minutes for rooting the same.
- Once the rooting is successful, you can then disconnect the device from the computer to restart the same.
- To check on whether your LG Optimus G Pro is rooted or not, you will need to download the “Root Checker” application from the PLAY Store to check the same. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you will need to re-apply the rooting process mentioned above.
Procedure to Install Custom Recovery Image:
- Now when you have already rooted your LG Optimus G Pro smartphone, it’s time to install the custom recovery image in your device which will help you update the device with the help of custom ROM firmwares.
- Download the Recovery Image from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file and connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip contents in your device. Make sure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Open the apk file which you have placed in the device and follow the on screen instructions to install the recovery image in the device. Once the recovery image is installed successfully, select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
So there you go, you have successfully installed the custom recovery image in LG Optimus G Pro.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section on whether your device is rooted or not as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Very soon we will also come up with the custom ROM firmwares for LG Optimus G Pro.