How to Root LG Optimus Slider – Tutorial
LG Optimus Slider from the house of LG Electronics and Virgin Mobile can now be rooted so that one can make the most out of it by installing the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming up with the same very soon on Android Advices. Please note that you need to ensure that once you root the device, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the device with the official firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Though it’s not compulsory but it’s highly recommended that you back up all the data present in your device with the help of manual steps mentioned below. Don’t backup the data with the help of PC Suites as it may not be able to detect after installing the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming up in few days.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Download & Install all the drivers for your LG Optimus Slider as it’s a must before you could proceed to the detailed guide. Enable USB Debugging in your LG Optimus Slider from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next section below where we have summed up procedure to Root LG Optimus Slider.
Procedure to Root Virgin Mobile – LG Optimus Slider Android Phone:
- Download the LG Esteem Root.Zip from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to then extract the same and match all the files as shown in the below screen capture.
- Please note that even if single file is missing then you need to again extract the same. Connect your device with the computer using the Original USB cable.
- Now, you need to open the “Run” executable file from the extracted files after which you will get to see the Window as shown below.
- Press on the Enter button to start the process of rooting and once the device is rooted, the phone will be rebooted.
- If the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the boot loop sequence then you need to re insert the battery and follow all the steps from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted your LG Optimus Slider device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.