Procedure to Root LG Optimus V VM670 powered by Virgin Mobile:
Before proceeding, you need to install the ADB in your computer and then you need to download the below mentioned tools which we will see in the due course of the article on how to make use of the same.
- Flash Image,
- Recovery Image,
- Super One Click Rooting Tool,
- Virgin Mobile LG Drivers,
- Stock ROM Rooted and De Odexed without Bloat ware
- Now, after downloading all the above tools in your computer, you now need to extract the Drivers Zip file to the desktop and then click on the same to install the Optimus drivers in your PC.
- Up next you need to unzip the Super One Click Rooting tools to the same folder. Once the Super one click is extracted, you need to connect your device to the computer using the Original USB Cable. After connecting, you need to copy the downloaded Stock ROM Rooted which you downloaded to your device’s SD Card as we will see on how to make use of the same. Now from the extracted files, you need to click on Shell root.
- Up next you need to unzip the flash_image.zip and recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img.zip to the root of your phone’s SD Card and then you will have to place the Stock Rooted and Optimized.zip at the root.
- After this, you need to open the Command prompt and then you need to open the CMD.exe in your computer after which navigate to the folder where the adb.exe is there and then you need to enter into the below set of commands one after another,
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img
- Once you finish entering all the above commands, you will see that the device will be rebooting in the recovery mode where you need to select the option of “Backup” which you can navigate with the help of Volume rocker and click with the help of Home button and select “Backup NAND”.
- Now, when it’s done, go “back” till you get to the Main Menu. In the main menu, you need to click on the Flash Zip from SDC and and then flash “Stock Rooted & Optimized.zip”.
- Please note that you need to select the “Wipe data/factory reset”. DON’T SELECT THE “PHONE WIPE” Option as it will completely ruin the phone. After this you need to re flash the required if it couldn’t root after the reboot. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Combo button by pressing the “Home button + Volume Down + Power button” till the recovery mode is entered
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted the LG Optimus V device easily.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Pages: 1 2