How to Root LG Thrill 4G P925 – Tutorial
Truly, with LG Thrill 4G your World comes alive as advertised by LG Electronics. So, on the lines of the same, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily root your LG Thrill 4G Android smart phone on any of the current firmware you are on. So, over a spread of this article we will see in a brief on what exactly rooting is and then followed by the pre requisites of rooting and then followed by the instructions on how you can root the phone. Its highly recommended to follow all the instructions or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone.
So, now coming to the benefits of rooting which we just mentioned will be covering. Basically there are many benefits of rooting, though it’s really impossible to discuss all of them in the article but we will see some of them which are all important ones. Rooting opens up the device in such a way that third party applications are allowed to access the system level files with which the customization becomes much simpler and easier. There are advantages as well as disadvantages of rooting, while the advantages / benefits of rooting are listed below, the only disadvantage being is that rooting voids the warranty which may or may not be reversible.
Benefits / Features of Rooting:
- Rooting allows the file system conversion from the laggy formats to the formats like EXT4 etc which are faster than older or native file formats,
- Rooting enables the installation of Custom ROMs for which Android has always been known for and also allows you to make use of themes in the custom ROMs,
- Rooting also allows one to remove the applications which come by default in your Android phone by default out of the box which cannot be removed otherwise.
- So, let’s proceed and see on what are the pre requisites of rooting the LG Thrill 4G device.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible or liable in any manner if anything wrong happens with your device, though which is a very unlikely if you follow the instructions which are mentioned in the article.
Pre Requisites of Rooting LG Thrill 4G:
- In the process of rooting the phone, there is a probability that you may end up losing the data which is there in the phone, so its utmost important to ensure that you have created a backup of all the data which is there in the phone memory. The data which needs to be backed up are Call Log, Contacts, SMS, Music, Videos and other files. For your convenience, we have mentioned few tips below which will assist you in taking a backup of all your data so that the same can be used to restore the data if any is lost.
Procedure to Backup and Restore Call Log,
Procedure to Backup and Restore SMS,
To Back up other data like Videos, music and other files move the same to your internal / external SD card to safeguard the same.
Procedure to Backup Contacts
- Now, after this you will have to ensure that you have an at least of 50% plus battery life just to ensure that it doesn’t get turn Off in the middle of rooting process.
- Next up you need to ensure that you are having a computer / Laptop with USB 2.0 capability along with the ADMIN rights privileges so that the full USB read / USB write access is enabled which you will require in the due course of the article.
- In the process of rooting, the APN settings as well as the MMS Settings too can get erased, so you will have to backup the same manually. These settings are responsible for accessing the Internet as well for sending the MMS Messages. Both of these settings can be backed up from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Please note that just in case if you are custom ROM then this procedure is not for you, since you are on custom ROM the phone is already rooted and last but not the least this procedure to root which is mentioned in the next page is only valid for all those who are having the LG Thrill 4G Phone with the model number as P925.
Procedure to Root LG Thrill 4G P925:
- After downloading the Rooting Package for LG Thrill 4G, in your computer or Laptop you will have to next up extract the same. Please note that in the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Once the files are extracted, you need to compare with the same from the below screen capture. Please note that even if single file is missing then you will have to again download and extract the files.
- Now, in your device please note that you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. The USB Debugging mode can be turned on from the path, Settings > Applications > Development and select USB debugging.
- From the extracted folder you will have to open the “Super One Click” in your computer after which with the help of USB cable you need to connect the phone with the computer. After this you will have to click on the “Root” tab from the Super One click Root desktop tool as shown in the below screen capture.
- So, once the rooting process is done, you will now see that the phone will be restarted and then you will have see the applications like Super One click Root. You can also download the ROM manager from the Android Market Place to further fine tune or customize the phone.
- Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset.
If at all if you are facing any issues then do let us know in the comments section as we will try our level best to solve the same at the earliest.