How to Root LGE G Slate on Linux Systems – Tutorial
So, for all those who are having the T Mobile powered LGE G Slate can now easily root their devices which in the due course of this article we will be checking out. So, before proceeding to rooting process, backup all the data present in your device as there are the chances that the data may get corrupted or get erased. Also, note down the APN Settings which are configured in your devices or else you will not be able to access the internet.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article. Since over a period of this article you will have to root the device, be informed that once the device is rooted, the warranty gets void. The only way that you can restore back the warranty is by installing the factory firmware again in the LGE G Slate.
Note: This process can only be applied by the users having the Linux based computers; the reason behind this is that we will be needing the ext4 file system which Windows based computers lack. Though we haven’t tested this procedure on Windows, but you can try out the same.
Pre Rooting Instructions:
- Ensure that the device is left with the minimum of 60% charge so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of rooting process.
- Before proceeding, you need to download 2 files which are the NV Flash boot loader Flash along with the Super user Package in your computer.
So once you are done with the procedure, lets proceed to the procedure below.
Procedure to Root LGE G Slate:
- Place all the four downloaded files in the /v909 folder and then open the terminal Windows to enter the command which is mentioned below.
- After this, you need to power Off your LGE G Slate and connect the same to the computer using the Original USB cable.
- Now after this, you will see that there will be an output “’0955:7820 NVidia Corp” which will signify that the APX mode has been connected successfully and then in the terminal window you need to enter in the below mentioned commands.
./nvflash –bl bootloader.bin –getpartitiontable ptable.txt
./nvflash -r –read 8 system-orig.img
- Please note that you need to be patient as this command copies not less than 400 MB. After this you need to enter in the below mentioned commands.
cp system-orig.img system.img
sudo mount -o loop system.img system
sudo cp su system/bin
sudo chmod 4755 system/bin/su
sudo cp Superuser.apk system/app
./nvflash -r –download 8 system.img
- Now, all you need to do is, sit back and relax till the data is copied to the tablet and once it’s done, the last line of the command will be
“./nvflash -r –sync”.
- After this, reboot the tablet which you can do by pressing the reset button which is there under the sim card cover.
So, in this way you have successfully learnt on how you can easily root the LGE G Slate. Just in case at any point of time if you get stuck in the middle of the process, you need to repeat the whole process again to successfully root the device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.