Micromax A45 smartphone can now be rooted, yes you have heard it right! If you ever thought that you made a mistake by purchasing the non-Samsung / SONY smartphones as these phones have a backing of android developers for custom ROM firmwares etc. then you will be more than rejoiced to hear that it’s not the case. Over the last few months developers have started to develop firmwares for non-Samsung / SONY / LG smartphones which is a good sign for the users. So on the similar lines we will be checking out on how you can easily root the device so that you can then install the apps which needs the root access and also you can install many custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming out with very shortly.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
It’s highly recommended that all your data present in your Micromax A45 is backed up so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. You can also alternatively backup the data with the help of PC Suite tools.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
So assuming that you are done with all the above steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your Micromax A45 smartphone.
Procedure to Root Micromax A45 smartphone:
- Before we proceed, you need to make sure that you have downloaded SP Flash Tool, Rooting Package, UnlockRoot Tool and MTK Drivers Package from here to your computer.
- Now, unzip the MTK Drivers in your computer and install the same. Ensure that you are opening the InstallDriver.exe program inside the MTK folder for installing the drivers.
- Once installed, unzip the Rooting package which you have downloaded in the first step to get boot.img & the A45 scatter file. Now, after flashing, reboot your handset by reinserting the battery.
- Turn ON the device and head over to the path Settings->Applications->Development and tick mark “Enable Debugging” to enable the USB debugging Mode in your computer.
- With the help of original USB cable, connect your device to the computer and open the Unlock root program in your computer. Now, click on the big green root button for rooting the device. If the app prompts for the ADB drivers installation, accept the same and install by following the on screen instructions.
Once the device is rooted, the device will be rebooted. If you get any prompt then tap on the option of “Yes”. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store where you will be able to find the root status.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across with any of the issues in the process of rooting as we will try our level best to address the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully learnt on how to Root Micromax A45 smartphone with simple steps.