Root Micromax Canvas HD A116 Android Phone – Guide
Micromax Canvas A116 HD Android smartphone which sold out pretty fast and for all those who managed to purchase the same can root their devices so as to make use of the apps which only available for the Rooted users. So, before we proceed to check on what is the procedure to Root the device, you need to first follow the 3 quick pre requisites and then we will proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed instructions to root the device. Very soon we will also be coming out with the Custom ROM firmwares for Micromax Canvas HD A116.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Though the data in your device won’t be wiped off in the process of rooting, create a backup of all the data in your Micromax Canvas HD A116 device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the battery life left in your Micromax Canvas HD A116 is minimum of 60% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed article on how to root the device.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Procedure to Root Micromax Canvas HD:
- Download and Install the Drivers in your computer. Once installed, you need to restart the computer.
- Now, Download SP Flash Tools and CWM Recovery Package from here to your computer and open the SP Flash tool to click on “Scatter loading” after which it will ask you for the location of Scatter file for your phone.
- In extracted folder of the root package, go to the folder named “S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user” and select file “MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc” and select the file which is “MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc” which is nothing but the Canvas HDs scatter loading file.
- Now, check the option of Recovery.img and uncheck all other options. Now, disconnect the device from computer and turn Off.
- In Flash tool, head over to Options and click on “USB Mode” to enable the same. Now click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed. Click on Download button (Firmware > Upgrade).
- Now, the flash tool will start the process of flashing and once that it done, you now need to disconnect the device from computer as soon as you see the message as FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.
- Hold the Volume Up + Volume Down Rocker Key and Press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, select the Flash update.zip file and flash the 2 files which you have copied in the Canvas HD device. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for rooting the device and also it may take longer time sometimes.
So, there you go, you have now successfully rooted the device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. If the device is not rooted, you need to re follow the above instructions to root the same.