Moto E, one of the star budget android smartphones is surely creating ripples in the Indian market as after the success of Moto G, Moto X, Motorola has successfully won the hearts of its potential consumers. So while Moto E is the reality and is an android phone, let’s check out on how you can Root the device in simplest possible way. And the best part is, you can Win Moto E Android phone at androidadvices. Since Moto E comes with almost zero bloat ware, once rooted you can then install the custom ROM firmwares which are based on the Kitkat 4.4.2.
Coming back to the rooting process for all those who already owns this little masterpiece needs to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below before we slip into the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your MOTO E Android phone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not automatically with any other tools.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Moto E so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Battery charge left in your device needs to be a minimum of 80% or else device might get turn off in the middle of rooting.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Moto E.
So let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you of root Moto E.
Procedure to Root MOTO E Android Smartphone:
- Download the mfastboot package in your computer and use the same for unlocking the boot loader.
- You can unlock the boot loader of Moto E easily by following the simple procedure. For rooting the device, you need to unlock the boot loader.
- Up next, download the TWRP recovery image from here to your computer and once downloaded, you also need to download the Superuser SU package and copy the same to your device’s root folder.
- Connect your phone to PC and Reboot to boot loader by pressing Volume Down + Power button for about 6-7 seconds.
- Head over to the directory where you have extracted the mfastboot package and press “Win + R” to enter “cmd” and hit enter key to start the command prompt.
- In the command prompt window, you need to enter the below mentioned command;
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now you need to press the Volume Down to select the recovery on fastboot menu and then you need to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- After this, the device may show the blank screen or may not respond to your touches for around 60 seconds.
- Press the power button and swipe to unlock the touch to work. Select install and choose the SuperSU zip file which you have placed in the device earlier.
- Follow on screen instructions to confirm the installation of super user and reboot the device in the normal mode.
Note: If at all your Moto E gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues. Alternatively, we will also be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares which will make sure that you can make the most of it for your Moto E Android device.