Moto G, one of the marvel smartphones from Motorola can now be rooted. Yes, you can now root the device with the help of simple steps. Moto G has truly revolutionized the low end smartphone story as it comes with the essential specs without compromising neither on design nor on specs. So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites after which we will be checking out on what are the instructions with which you can root the device. Very soon we will be checking out on what are the custom ROM firmware available for Moto G so that Kitkat 4.4.2 too can be experienced on Moto G android phone.
Note: Unlocking / Rooting the device will void the warranty as it means that you will have to boot loader unlock the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with any of the Motorola PC Suites.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Moto G Android Phone.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Let’s check out on what are the steps with which you can root your Moto G Android phone.
Guide to Root Moto G Android Phone:
- Head over to Official Motorola’s website and unlock the bootloader of Moto G Android phone. Once downloaded, head over to MoDaCo’s forum for downloading the latest version of Superboot for your Moto G.
- Extract the contents of the zip file inside a new folder called as “moto” in your desktop. Open the command prompt in your computer and navigate to the folder of “moto” which you have created earlier.
- Turn Off your Moto G so that it can be entered in the boot loader mode, press Volume down + Power button, simultaneously.
- Connect your Moto G Android phone with original USB cable with your computer and enter the below mentioned commands as per your Operating System;
- Once the process of rooting is done, you will be greeted with Root Access and Super SU will be installed successfully.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will be more than happy to address all your concerns.