How to Root Motorola Defy + – Tutorial
Motorola Defy +, which is the latest Android smart phone from the Motorola family has recently arrived in many countries and there you go, we are here with the rooting procedure for the same. In the due course of this article we will see on how you can root your Motorola Defy + on the gingerbread 2.3.4 firmware version. Just in case if you are on any other firmware version higher than Gingerbread 2.3.5 then this rooting process won’t be working for you. So, let’s get started with the list of Pre Requisites which you need to follow before rooting followed by the procedure to Root Motorola Defy + smart phone which is a dust proof and waterproof phone just like the one from Sony which is named as “Active”.
Disclaimer: Android ADVICES should not be held responsible for any loss or damage happened to your phone in the process of the rooting which is a very unlikely event just in case if you follow all the instructions which are mentioned in the due course of this article.
Rooting is a process wherein the third party apps or files are provided with the access of the system level files so that the required customization can be made in the phone with the help of Custom ROMs and other applications which needs the rooting access.
The only disadvantage of the rooting process is that it voids the warranty but if you again apply the original firmware, the root access can be revoked and then the lost warranty can be reclaimed easily without any hassles. Also, just in case if you proceed without following the instructions then you can also brick your phone.
Rooting Pre Requisites
- Create a backup of all the data which is there in your phone so that just in case if any of the data is lost you can easily restore the same. With the help of below mentioned links, you can back up and restore things in your phone. Please don’t backup the data using the PC Suites. Applications will be lost as these can’t be backed up without rooting the phone.
- Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Now, you will have to up next have to ensure that all the tools like Antivirus, Firewall and also the PC Suites are disabled in your computer or else there is a high probability that the rooting process will be interrupted.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your phone, it can be enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Refer below image to know more on how to disable it. Last but not the least, you need to ensure that the phone is charged with the minimum of 70% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned off in the process of firmware update.
- Now, you need to download the Rooting Zip Package for Motorola Defy + in your computer which we will use it in the due course of this article.
Let’s head to the next page for detailed instructions on to root Motorola Defy Plus Android phone.
Procedure to Root Motorola Defy + Android Phone:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the “Rooting Zip Package for Motorola Defy +” in your computer, you now need to proceed to unzip the same. Please note that in the process of unzipping, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Once the files are extracted, you need to match with the contents as mentioned in the below screen capture. Even if single file is missing then you need to download and extract the same again.
- Now, up next you need to connect the Motorola Defy Plus Android phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- After connecting, you need to double click on the file called “Defy plus rooten.bat” from the extracted files and then all you need to do is to just follow the on screen instructions to get your Motorola Defy + phone rooted.
- To check whether the device has been successfully rooted or not, after rooting you will get to see the two additional applications which are “Super user” and “CWM” which will mean that the rooting is successful. Just in case if you are unable to see these both then you again need to apply this whole process again so as to root the device. Just in case if the process gets stuck in the middle then you need to repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will try our level best to ensure that all the issues are addressed at the earliest. Just in case if the process gets stuck in the middle then you need to follow the procedure again to root the same.