Rooting your Motorola Razr M smartphone is now a minute’s work as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root as well as unroot your Droid Razr M smartphone. We have summed up a detailed list of pre requisites which are to be followed along with a detailed instructional guide which will help you to root your phone. Though once you root the device, the warranty will get void, you can then install the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming out very shortly.
The warranty can be restored once you unroot the device with the below mentioned instructions. As of now there is no ETA on by when there will be an Official Jellybean 4.1.1 update but all thanks to the custom ROMs with which one can install this update even before it gets pushed. All thanks to pedrotorresfilho XDA user for coming out with this work around.
You can either backup all the data with the help of below instructions or with the help of below instructions manually. If you are making use of manual backup, you will have to transfer all the target files to your computer so that they are safe.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by selecting the appropriate option in your Motorola Razr M. After this, disable all the antivirus suites installed in your phone as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
You should have Full USB Read / Write access so as to make sure that the rooting process is successful. Also, ensure that battery life is not lesser than 20% or else it may turn off the phone in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
So once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to root your Motorola Razr M smartphone
Procedure to Root & Unroot Motorola Razr M Android Phone:
- First up, download the Rooting and Unrooting Package from here to your computer and extract the zip package. Once downloaded, you also will have to download the “Motorola Drivers” in your computer.
- Also, you will have to ensure that the Unknown sources option is enabled in your device which can be selected from the path “Config > Security > Unknown Sources” and also the Mock location from the path “Config > Developer Options > Mock Location”.
- With the help of original USB cable, connect the phone to the computer using the original USB cable to PC as Media Sync – MTP (Change it after connect you phone to PC in Config > Storage > Media Sync)
- Then Run the script (Double click on .bat file from PC) from the extracted folder. Now, after following all the on screen instructions you will have to disconnect the phone once the rooting process is done.
- To check on whether the phone is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. If the phone is not rooted, re follow all the above mentioned instructions so as to root the device.
Note: if your Motorola Droid Razr M smartphone refuses to boot up or say gets stuck on the Motorola Logo, long press the power button after disconnecting and re follow the above instructions from the start after restarting the device.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Motorola Razr M.