How to Root Nexus S 4G on IMM76 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware – Tutorial
For all Nexus S 4G device users who have updated their devices with the latest firmware version of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version, here comes another great news. You can now root your device which is powered with the latest IMM76 version of ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Please be informed that once you root the device, the warranty will get void and the only way with which you can regain the lost warranty is by re applying the official firmware update of IMM76 ICS 4.0.4 in your device by following the instructions mentioned in the corresponding link.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
For your convenience, we have also summed up a detailed article on how to root your device in a step by step format with the help of the pre requisites and a detailed tutorial. Also, the best part is that we will also guide you so that you can make the most out of your ICS 4.0.4 as an add-on work around has been developed by a developer which too we will be discussing. We request you to follow all the instructions carefully so as to facilitate smoother firmware update process.
Features of Performance Mod:
- enables full gpu rendering
- enables android tile rendering
- increased wifi scan rate (save battery)
- increased vm heap (48 > 64)
- display tweaks for improved graphics (higher fps, decrease lag, increase quality)
- higher fps when scrolling in menus
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed list of pre requisites which you need to follow.
Detailed Pre Requisites:
- Download ICS 4.0.4 IMM76 Rooting Package, Nexus S 4G LC1 Radio and Performance Mod from here to your computer.
- Now, next up backup all the data present in your phone so that just in case of the data gets lost of corrupted the same can be easily restored with few simple easy steps mentioned below. Don’t use any PC Suites to back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your nexus S 4G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you are now ready to proceed to next page where we have summed up the detailed instructions on how to apply this update.
Procedure to Root Nexus S 4G on IMM76 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the Rooting Package, LC1 Radio & IM76 Performance Mod Package from here to your computer. Connect your phone to the computer and copy this downloaded Zip file in your phone, not into any of the sub folders.
- Remove the connected USB cable and turn off the device so as to boot the device in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in the Nexus S 4G can be entered by Pressing the Volume down button and at the same time you need to press the power button to boot the device in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > and select the “Rooting Package”, LC1 Radio and then the IM76 Performance Mod Package one after other in the same chronological manner. Once the zip file is updated successfully, you now need to select “reboot system now” option by selecting “++++ Go Back ++++”.
- So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware in your device.
Note: Just in case if there are any issues, then you will have to again re apply the firmware by following the steps again.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the firmware update of MIUI 2.3.9 Firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.