LG Nexus 5 Android Phone which just got updated on the latest version of Android 4.4.1 KOT49E can now be rooted. For all those who thought that it requires complex process of ADB can now root the device with the help of CF Root method. Once you root the device, you can then install the custom ROM firmwares and also you can install the apps which needs the root access. So, let’s check out on what are the detailed steps and procedure you need to follow before you root the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the PC Suite tools for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s head to the next page where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Nexus 5 Android Phone on Kit Kat 4.4 Firmware:
- Download the latest version of Android SDK from here and then enable the USB Debugging in your device. USB Debugging Mode can be enabled from the path Settings > About Phone and scroll down to the bottom portion of the Build Number and then tap on the Build Number 7 times for becoming the developer. Download the Nexus 5 CF Root Package in our computer.
- Now, enter the Fastboot mode and extract the same in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. If the directory is not present, then you need to create the same.
- Now, you need to download the CF Root for your Nexus 5 Android smartphone. In this step, users must connect their Nexus 5 handsets to their PC by using a USB cable.
- Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons. Hold them down until you see the Fastboot menu and START on top for entering the device in the fastboot mode.
- Now, depending on the OS you will then have to enter the below mentioned commands:
– Run root-windows.bat
– chmod +x root-linux.sh
– Run root-linux.sh
Mac OS X:
– chmod +x root-mac.sh
– Run root-mac.sh
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for rooting the device. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you need to check the same with the help of Root Checker app. Please make sure that KNOX is disabled in your device.
Note: If at all your Nexus 5 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted the device in your Nexus 5 Kit Kat 4.4.1 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting.