Are you the one who is on the latest version of 1.4.2 or say on 1.4.1 firmware version in your Nook Color then we will be checking out in the due course of the article on how to root with the simple guide. Please note that once you root, the warranty will get void. However, you will continue to get all the official updates for your nook color. If you are any of the other versions apart from 1.4.1 / 1.4.2, this procedure won’t be working for you. Once you root the device, you can enjoy the apps which need to root access and also apart from this you can easily install the custom ROM firmwares.
Before proceeding, you need to check whether your nook color is on 1.4.1 / 1.4.2 Firmware or not from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it should show the current firmware is 1.4.1 / 1.4.2.
Disclaimer: AndroidAdvices.com should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your device which is a very unlikely event if you follow all the instructions carefully.
Express Pre Requisites:
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your nook color from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. The below image may differ from your nook color.
Let’s head to the next page here we have summed up a detailed article on how to root your nook color with the help of a simple tutorial.
Procedure to Root nook color on 1.4.1 / 1.4.2 Firmware version:
- First up you need to ensure that you have created a bootable clockwork mod recovery in your device and then download the Manual Rooter 5.02.19 zip file in your computer.
- Connect your nook color to the computer and place the same in your device’s sd card. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device as it will not recognize the placed file in the recovery mode.
- Now, disconnect the device from the computer and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Now, turn ON the device and it will then be automatically be booting up in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, choose the option “install zip from SD Card” > Select “Yes” > “manual rooter zip package” after which the process of installation will be commenced and then once it’s flashed successfully, the device will be rebooted successfully.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted the device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to ensure that the issues are solved at the earliest.