Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 on Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMC8 Firmware can now be rooted. It was just yesterday we saw on how you can update your Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 with Official firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 dubbed as XXMC8, now let’s check out on how you can root your phone on this firmware. For all those who are waiting to root their phones, here we come with the tutorial. Once you have rooted the device, you can then install the apps which need root access and also the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming up very shortly. Check the firmware from the path ““Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” as it should read as XXMC8.
Quick Pre Requistes:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES or ROM Manager.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s check out in the next page on how you can root Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 on Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMC8 Firmware.
Procedure to Root Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 on Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMC8 Firmware:
- Download Rooting Package for XXMC8 and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy ACE 2 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your phone to the computer and you will see that the ID :COM will turn Yellow which indicates that all the drivers have been installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select the TAR file which you got after extracting from initial step. Once extracted, click on “Start” to start the process of Rooting. It will take less than a minute to root your phone.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
- Download the “ROOT CHECKER” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.