For all those who have updated their Samsung Epic 4G D700 device with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 can now breathe easy as now in the due course of the article we will see on how you can easily root your Epic 4G phone. While if you are still surprised on how you can most out of rooting then you will be happy to know that rooting allows you to customize the phone the way you always wanted to use the phone. If you root the phone then you can easily update with the custom ROM which we will see on how you do the same only on androidadvices.com.
Please note that applying this rooting procedure will void the warranty, though the warranty can be reclaimed as soon as you apply any of the update on your phone as then it will revoke the root access after which you can then reclaim the warranty. Please note that the rooting process which we will be checking out is only valid for all those which are on the Gingerbread operating version of Android. You can check out the version of firmware on which you are on from the path Settings > About PHONE > Firmware version. If you see any of the Froyo 2.2 version then you need to firstly update the version to the Gingerbread before proceeding to the next step.
If you ask us to briefly mention on what will be the benefits then we have made it crispier and simple for you as rooting will provide you to enjoy below mentioned facilities:
The main advantages of Rooting are:
- Customization like Voodoo as well as Clock Work Mod Recovery,
- Allows you to convert laggy RFS file system to faster EXT4,
- Custom Firmwares can be installed on rooted phones which we will see soon on androidadvices,
- Allows you to remove the system applications which you feel you don’t require.
Note: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens with your device, though which is a very unlikely if you follow the instructions which are mentioned in the article.
So let’s proceed and see in the due course of the article on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then followed by the instructions to root the phone in the simplest possible manner.
Pre Rooting Instructions:
- There is a chance of losing all the data which is stored in the phone memory, so it’s important to ensure that all the data is backed up. To backup the data you will have to note that you backup all the data which is mentioned below so that just in case if you lose the same then you can easily restore it.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Before you proceed to the rooting of the device, ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of KIES in your computer and also ensure that your PC / Laptop is powered with a minimum of Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 along with the open USB 2.0 ports with the Admin privileges. Without having the above infra if you still proceed then you will be messing up with the phone as phone will be dead if any of the above conditions are not matched.
- Ensure that the phone is charged to the minimum of 60% so as to just ensure that the phone doesn’t get turn Off in the middle of the rooting process.
- Please ensure that you only use the files which you download from androidadvices.com and downloading files from any other sites won’t be provided with the support from our site as it will be difficult for us to know on what exactly you did with non reliable files.
So, let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how you can root the phone.