How to Root Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670
One of the most sort of the range smart phones, the Samsung Galaxy FIT which is not only on of the affordable smart phones but also is the smart phone with which you can make the most out of it. So, on the lines of this thought let’s check out on how you can easily root your phone which is Samsung Galaxy FIT S 5670 so that you can then think of possibilities in the form of installing the Custom ROMs as well as in the form of accessing the system level files which otherwise are not accessible without rooting the phone.
The only sad part about this whole process is that rooting basically voids the warranty, though again the best part is that the rooting process which will be employed on this phone is a truly reversible process. Since, it’s a reversible process, you can revoke the root access at any point of time as soon as you follow the procedure to update with the Stock ROM. Please note that this process of rooting is applicable for all the phones which are on Froyo operating system as well as on all the Gingerbread phones across the Globe and also this can be followed by all those whose phones are network locked too.
It’s very important to follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below. For your convenience, we have broken this article into different pages and also all the download files which needs to be downloaded are mentioned clearly in the procedure section. So let’s check out on what are the list of pre requisites which you need to refer before rooting the phone and then followed by the actual instructions to root the phone are mentioned below.
Pre Root Instructions:
- So, before you proceed for the actual instructions you need to ensure that all the data which is present in your phone needs to be backed up so that just in case if you lose this data then you will be in a position to restore all of them back.
- So all in a nut shell you will have to move all your audio, Video and image files to your external SD card and then all your contacts and SMS can be backed by following the below mentioned links.
- Now, ensure that you have a minimum battery of at least greater than 60% as it’s necessary to maintain this limit so as to avoid from the battery calibration.
- It is very important to note that you have followed all the instructions carefully which includes the disabling of the Antivirus suites in your PC before proceeding to follow the instructions to root the phone.
- Also, additionally you will have to also ensure that you have noted down all the APN and MMS Settings which are available in the path of “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” which then you can note down all the settings by tapping on the MMS, GPRS or 3G Settings. You can restore all these APN as well as MMS settings once the rooting process is finished so as to access the same.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy FIT:
- So, once you are done with the above instructions, its now time to download the Rooting Package for FIT to your computer. Please note that after downloading this file you need to place the same or transfer the same to the desktop of your PC so that you can easily find the same.
- Once, the file is downloaded and moved to desktop, you now need to copy the same to your phone. Ensure that you are not placing this file deep into the sub / root folders or else it will be difficult to locate the same. Now, place this file into your phone, you will have to connect the Galaxy FIT S 5670 to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchasing the phone.
- As soon as the file is copied / placed successfully into the phone, you will then have to remove the USB cable and then you will have to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode so that the rooting file can be executed. To enter the recovery mode, you will have to press the Menu Button and then you will have to Press the Power button simultaneously to enter into the recovery mode. Also, additionally note that if the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then you will have to again switch off the device and retry the process.
- Next up in the recovery mode, you will have to choose the option of “update from SD card” after which you will then have to select the file which you placed the same in your phone which is having the name of “GalaxyFIT_RootingPackage.zip”. Choose the same and then the process of rooting will be initiated. Please ensure that in the process of rooting there will be incidents like screen flickering and your device may also be restarted in the process of rooting, so don’t panic and interrupt the process of rooting.
- So, as soon as the rooting is finished, you need to select the option of “reboot system now”after which the phone will be rebooting. After the phone reboots, you will find applications like the Superuser which is in the Skull shaped icon and also another application called CWM which is nothing but the Clock Work Mod Recovery application. Just in case if these two apps are not there in the applications, then that means the rooting was not done successfully and you need to repeat the above process again.
That’s it, so now you have successfully rooted the Galaxy FIT. Do, let us know just in case if you face any issues while rooting the phone in the comments section below.