For all those who wished to root their Galaxy Gio S 5660 phone, here it is as we will see on how you can easily root your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 in the due course of this article. Rooting has many advantages as we have already seen for all other phones. The advantages includes the ability to provide gateway for installing the Custom ROMs to modify the system applications which are otherwise not possible without the root access. Though the best part of the Samsung Phones is that despite rooting which voids the warranty, you can undo this change and you can revoke the root access at any point of time so that you can get back to your original ROM without the Root access.
Please note that rooting basically voids the warranty as told above, though it can be reversed, we hold no responsibility in claiming the warranty and also it’s not our responsibility in any manner if you proceed to the procedure without following the instructions which are mentioned here above. It’s important to apply the below rooting process only to the phones which are on the Gingerbread 2.3 release.
Do note that you need to follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below. For your convenience, we have broken this article into different pages and also all the download files which needs to be downloaded are mentioned clearly in the procedure section. So let’s proceed and check out on what are the pre requisites of rooting the phone and then followed by the actual instructions to root the phone.
Pre Rooting Instructions:
- In the rooting process, there is a high probability that you may end up losing all the crucial data in your phone. So it’s always safe to create a backup of all your data which is present in your phone. So all in a nut shell you will have to move all your audio, Video and image files to your external SD card and then all your contacts and SMS can be backed by following the below mentioned links.
- Now, ensure that you have a minimum battery of atleast greater than 60%as it’s necessary to maintain this limit so as to avoid from the battery calibration.
- Ensue that you have a computer which comes with a minimum of Windows XP along with the minimum free space of over 1GB equipped with a minimum of USB 2.0 Slots. It’s very important to have the Administration privileges before proceeding to connecting the device with the computer as it may or may not detect the phone sometimes.
- Apart from the above instructions, ensure that you have updated your KIES version to the latest version so that it doesn’t complicate in future when you will follow the instructions to update the phone.
- Last but not the least ensue that you have also taken a backup of the APN Settings. Settings are available in the location of “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” which then you can note down all the settings by tapping on the MMS, GPRS or 3G Settings. You can restore all these settings once the rooting process is finished so as to access the same.
Pages: 1 2