Pre Root Instructions:
- Warranty will get void once you root Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, though warranty can be claimed once you un root your device.
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Galaxy S, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed.
- Ensure that you have the installed the latest framework in your computer or also you can install the latest version of KIES which is dubbed as KIES 2 so as to ensure that all the required drivers are installed successfully.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted.
- Don’t proceed to the rooting process if you have not updated your phone’s firmware to XXJVQ as this may create un necessary force close errors in the phone which would require you to completely wipe the device which is bit of a tedious and unwanted process.
- Last but not the least follow the below mentioned instructions carefully so as to save your phone from being turned into an expensive paper weight.