Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- First up you need to read all the instructions which are mentioned in the Pre upgrade instructions and then followed by the instructions to root the phone.
- Now, in the due course of the rooting process, the data will be lost. So, you will have to ensure that the data is backed up. All the data which is there in the phone like SMS and Contacts will get erased. Note that other data like Songs, Videos and other Files need to be moved to the external SD card. You can backup and restore the data from the below mentioned tips.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Please note that before you proceed to the rooting process, you will have to ensure that KIES 2 is installed and also all the Antivirus suites as well as the Firewall tools are completely closed or else it will interrupt the process of rooting. Also, if you get any error regarding the USB / Ports then that means that you don’t have the admin privileges, so ensure that you have the ADMIN rights before proceeding to apply this rooting procedure.
- Please ensue that you only use the files which you download from androidadvices.com and you should not use any other files which are downloaded from any other sites as we don’t undertake any guarantee of the authenticity of the files.
- Last but not the least; you will have to note that this procedure is just only applicable for the users of Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 which are on the XXJVS version of Gingerbread 2.3.5.