Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 on Gingerbread XXJVS 2.3.5:
- Before you proceed, you will need to first download the XXJVS Rooting Package on your computer and then simply proceed to unzip the same. Please note that in the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password as the files are encrypted.
- Upon extraction of the file, you will get two files in all which are the tar Rooting file along with the Odin flash tool with which we will be applying this tar Root file.
- Now, after this you need to open the Odin flash tool in your computer and need to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter the phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the download mode for more convenience. If the phone encounters with the normal booting then you need to try multiple times to get into download mode.
- Now, upon entering the download mode you will now connect the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phone to the computer with the USB cable which you got at the time of purchasing the phone while the Odin opened in the computer so that the phone can be connected.
- As soon as you connect the phone to the computer, you will see that the ID : COM block will turn yellow which means that all the drivers which were required to install were successfully installed in the computer and you are now ready to proceed with the selection of files as shown below.
- Now, you need to click on the “PDA” tab in the Odin and then you will have to choose the file named as “CF-Root-XXJVS-v4.3-CWM3RFS” and simply click on the “Start” tab. Ensure that you are not interrupting the process of rooting, just in case if its interrupted then you will have to again follow the procedure from the start.
- Apart from the PDA option you should not change any other options and also you need to ensure that the “Re – Partition” option is un ticked as you are only selecting just one file.
- As soon as you click on the Start tab, the rooting process will be initiated and the phone will be rooted within less than a minute or two.
- Just in case if it’s taking longer time than 3 – 4 minutes then you will need to check with the admin privileges and also need to check the USB ports whether the read / write access is there or not.
- Now, upon successful rooting of the phone you will then see that the device will be restarted and as soon as its restarted, you will need to go to the “Applications” and find for the application “Super User”. Just in case if you are unable to find this skull shaped icon then that means that the phone is not rooted and you will have to root the same again by following the above instructions.
- (Optional) Now, after this just in case if you are experiencing the force close errors then you need to get into the recovery mode by turning off the mobile first. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can refer the below mentioned video on how you can enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you will have to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option. Please note that you will have to ensure that you don’t select any other options or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted your phone on XXJVS 2.3.5 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues so that we can assist you regarding the same as soon as possible.