Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 device can now be rooted as we hear that developers are geared up and are coming up with the custom ROM firmware. And if you are the one who has managed to purchase this all new smart device, you can now easily install these custom ROM firmware but before this you will have to root the device. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the device with the help of a simple tutorial. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void and the only way with which you can restore the lost warranty is by re applying the official firmware. Rooting allows you to not just install the custom ROM firmwares but also allows you to install the apps which requires the root access.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
- Backup all the data present in your Galaxy Note with the help of the below mentioned steps just to make sure that if any data loss or corruption happens, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, ensure that you have a minimum of 40% battery charge left so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of rooting process. Disable / Uninstall the security suites as it may interrupt the process of rooting.
- Also, note down the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Device > Firmware Version” so that to unroot you can apply the same update again. Though rooting won’t change the firmware version, it’s better to note down as after rooting you may install the custom ROM firmware.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your Galaxy Note 10.1 device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 10.1:
- First up you will have to turn Off your Galaxy Note 10.1 device so that it can be entered in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy Note 10.1 device can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button and then at the same time press the Power button for round about 10 – 15 seconds to enter the device in the download mode.
- Once you see the Warning Screen, press the Volume Up button to enter the device in the download mode. Now, connect your Galaxy Note to the computer with the help of Original USB cable to the computer.
- Download Odin and along with the below mentioned appropriate rooting package.
Download XXLGA Stock European Firmware with Root injected (Mirror)
Download XWALG7 Stock Saudi Arabian/UnitedEmirates Firmware with Root injected
Download UEALGB GT-N8013 Firmware with Root injected (Mirror)
- Once you have downloaded the above mentioned files and extracted the same, open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 device to the computer with the original USB cable.
- Now, click on the “PDA” button in Odin and select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware root package. Once selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the same. Once the firmware is applied successfully, you will see that it will take around 4 – 5minutes for booting up the device as it’s the first boot after the rooting.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
- Now, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. If the device is not rooted then you will have to follow the above instructions again.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 10.1 device, we will very soon be coming up with the custom ROM firmware articles which will help you to make the most out of your device.