Last time we saw on how you can update your Galaxy S2 with the Latest ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware and now in this article we will check out on how to root the same. Rooting will allow you to make use of the custom ROMs based on the 4.0.3 built which we will be checking out in the coming days. Please note that before you proceed make sure that you are on the Android’s ICS 4.0.3 XXKP8 firmware. You can find out the current firmware from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version”. Its recommended you to backup all your data present in the phone so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or erased, the same can be restored easily.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article.
So, let’s directly head to the procedure to root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXKP8 firmware.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on ICS Android 4.0.3 XXKP8 Firmware:
- Download XXKP8 Android 4.0.3 Rooting Package in your computer and extract the same. In the process of extraction, it will prompt you to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- As soon as the files are extracted, open the Odin in your computer and turn Off the phone so that you can turn your phone ON in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Once the device is turned ON in the download mode, connect the phone with the computer while keeping the Odin opened. After 1 -2 minutes, you will see that the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are loaded successfully.
Note: If Odin doesn’t turn yellow, you should not proceed to the next step. If it doesn’t turn yellow then you need to install the Samsung USB Drivers, .net framework and also update the KIES with the latest version.
- Click on “PDA” tab to select “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KP8-v5.2” and click on “Start” in the Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- As soon as the rooting is finished, the phone will be rebooted automatically and once you see the home screen, remove the connected USB Cable to turn Off the phone. After this you need to turn ON your phone in the recovery mode so as to clear the cache.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Tip: If the device takes very long time on the “S” logo then pull off the battery, reinsert and repeat the whole process again.
Video Tutorial to Root Galaxy S2 on XXKP8 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 device successfully. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to fix it at the earliest.