Galaxy S II

How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware

Samsung Galaxy S2 LogoUsers who have upgraded their Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone with the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware can now root the device easily with the help of simple instructions. Please note that once you root the device, the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can revoke the root access is by re applying the update of XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 update. Before proceeding, you need to ensure that you are on the XXLQ5 firmware. You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version should read as XXLPQ. If you are not on XXLQ5 firmware, then you will have to Update Galaxy S2 I9100G with ICS XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 firmware.

Disclaimer: This update should only be applied to the devices which have the device model name as Samsung Galaxy S II. This should not be applied to the NETWORK LOCKED version of Galaxy S II. Androidadvices should not be held responsible or liable for any sort of damage happened to your device due to not following of instructions.

We will be very soon coming up with the custom ROM firmwares which are based on the XXLQ5 version of firmware for which rooting of the device is a must. Once rooted, you can then install many custom ROM firmwares and the apps which need the rooting access.

• There is no need to back up the data just if you are rooting the device. Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 50% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
  • Close / Disable all the antivirus suites as well as Firewall tools as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.

So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to rot your Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100. Follow all the instructions mentioned so as to facilitate smoother rooting process.

Pages: 1 2

17 Comments

17 Comments

1. sarang

October 25, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Can u plz tell me how to root my samsung s2 ver 4.0.4 XXLQ6

2. khair

October 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm

plz help … i’ve done all steps you mentioned carefully and still i get “RQT_Close !!” when tryinh to root the device

3. fukar

October 4, 2012 at 6:32 pm

nice

4. fukar

October 4, 2012 at 6:31 pm

hi my name is fukar

5. haider

September 23, 2012 at 11:20 pm

how to root sgs2 gt i9100 on ics 4.0.3 xxlpx arabic version plzzzz reply thanksss

6. lyanpiu

September 4, 2012 at 8:43 pm

what will happen if my i9100g has being root already with 4.0.3 firmware,and updated to 4.0.4 firmware??it will be 4.0.4 rooted or not ??

7. MikeNakis

August 16, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I have a GT-I9100 running Android 4.0.4.

1. On my phone, under “Settings > About Phone” there is no such thing as “firmware version”. So, can you please explain precisely what you mean when you say “firmware version”?

2. On my phone, under “Settings > About Phone” there is an item which says “Baseband version” and the value is I9100XXLQ6. Note the “6” instead of “5”. So, do these instructions apply to me?

8. alan gan

August 14, 2012 at 9:39 am

After rooting this, video on my GS2 doesn’t work anymore. Although there’s sound, no image is displayed. Also during booting I get the yellow triangle with question mark displayed – is this normal?

9. TechnoMaster

August 12, 2012 at 4:55 am

What about the XXLPX build which i have on my s2? I haven’t found any root method for that! And i would like to know the benefits of rooting and the best roms please!

10. Vij350z

July 26, 2012 at 5:45 pm

also bluetooth aint working..better update to some other rom

11. Mohd

July 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Hi,
    My camera view is black but the camera still working fine. Only thing that you cant see the picture on your phone screen. So you have to assume what you take. However, when login using face detection, I can see myself. Only when you select the camera apps, you get this problem.
    Let me know if you can fix the problem. Other than this, it works well. thank you.

12. Judedavid

July 9, 2012 at 1:30 am

why is the screen blank when camera activated? can still take shots but screen is blank.

13. Piyush Ranjan

July 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm

The camera Screen is blank after update . Please help!!!

14. JinzUtAreZ

July 6, 2012 at 3:22 pm

thanks worked very well happy user here