Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 on XWLP3 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the XWLP3 Rooting Package from here to your computer, you now need to extract the same.
- Turn Off your phone to get your device in the Download mode. Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your phone to the computer, after which the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to proceed to the next step for selecting the files.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
• Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
• Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, click on PDA and select the file as “CF-Root-SGS2_XW_O2U_LP3-v5.4-CWM5” to click on Start.
- Now, once the device is rooted successfully, you will see that the phone will reboot. Once you see the home screen, you now need to remove the connected USB cable and then turn Off the device so as to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The Galaxy S2 I9100 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. This will ensure that no force close errors are occurred after successful rooting.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
So Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 on XWLP3 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues faced in the process of rooting.