How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 – Tutorial
Procedure to Root Galaxy S3 GT I9300 on XXALE8 Firmware:
- Download the Rooting Package from here to your computer along with the Odin. Extract the rooting package to get the Tar file.
- Open the odin in your computer and turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the Download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S3 smartphone can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered. If the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to try again entering into the download mode.
- Connect the Phone to the computer and after which you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed in the device.
Note: If the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Developers > KIES Mode” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Up next, click on “PDA” and select “CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0” and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. As soon as the phone is rooted, the device will be rebooted. Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect the phone from computer.
For users facing Force Close Issues: (This step will wipe all the user data)
- Just in case if you are facing force close issues, you need to turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to resolve the same at the earliest in the comments section below.