Galaxy S5, the fresh flagship smartphone from Samsung has now been launched in most of the countries and for all those who are just waiting to root the device, the wait is finally over. Once you root you root your Galaxy S5 Android phone, you will then be able to install many apps which need root access and also you can install the custom ROM firmwares to further enhance your user experience with the device as it will further come with many new mods. After checking out on what are the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below, we will head over to the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S5 needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. You need to back up all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S5 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life to avoid device getting turned off in the middle of process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S5 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root any Galaxy S5 version:
- Download appropriating CF Root package from below mentioned list along with Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to enter your Galaxy S5 in download mode.
SM-G900F (International Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip
SM-G900H (International Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.zip
SM-G900M (Middle and South America?): CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteub-smg900m.zip
SM-G900R4 (US Cellular): CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.zip
SM-G900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.zip
SM-G900P (Sprint): CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip
SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS): CF-Auto-Root-kltemetropcs-kltemetropcs-smg900t1.zip
SM-G900W8 (Canada): CF-Auto-Root-kltecan-kltevl-smg900w8.zip
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Connect your device in Download mode with the computer in which you have opened the Odin. In Odin you will see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the CF Root Package and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute for rooting the device. In some cases it may taken even longer time than expected. Once rooted, the device will be rebooted on its own and then it will install all the apps again.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting by following the above instructions from the start.
Tip: Since rooting voids warranty, if you need to get back the lost warranty, you need to update the device with the stock firmware again.
Note: Just in case if your Samsung Galaxy S5 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will be more than happy to help you out.