Procedure to Root Galaxy SL I9003 on DDKP1 / DDKP2 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the appropriate rooting package from the links mentioned in the Pre Requisites section, you now need to extract the same. Please note that in the process of extraction you will be prompted to enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
From extracted files, open the Odin executable file and turn Off your phone so as to enter your phone in the Download Mode. The Download mode mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can refer the below mentioned video on how you can enter into the download mode.
- Once the device is booted up in the Download Mode, connect the phone to the computer with the Original USB cable which you got at the time of purchase while keeping the Odin opened in the computer.
- In the Odin, you will see that within a minute or two, the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to select the files.
- If you want to Root your Galaxy SL on DDKP1 firmware then click on “PDA” to select the file “DDKP1-CFROOT-23-12-2011” while, if you want to Root your Galaxy SL on DDKP2 firmware then click on “PDA” to select the file “DDKP2-CFROOT-23-12-2011”.
- After selecting the files, ensure that all the other settings like “Re Partition” etc. are selected properly as mentioned in the below screen capture.
- Once you have selected the file and checked with all the settings, you can now proceed to click on “Start”. Once the process is over, the phone will be rebooted automatically. Please note that the device will take more than normal time to boot.
Users Facing Force Close Errors:
Just in case if you are facing force close errors then you need to turn off the phone to enter the phone in the recovery mode. You can enter into the recovery mode by pressing up on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of Rooting as we will try our level best to sort out the same.