Advisory: Apply this process to Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 phones which are currently on XXKPN Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware. No other phones or different firmware versions will support this below mentioned procedure.
So, finally after the recent stable firmware update of Gingerbread 2.3.5 in the form of XXKPN version for your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 you can now breathe easy. All thanks to the Samsung who finally realized about the much awaited stable release and launched XXKPN version for select countries. So, as you are now on the stable firmware version, we will see in this article on how you can root the Galaxy SL I9003 which is on XXKPN firmware version. Please note that rooting will void the warranty, though can be reclaimed as soon as you apply the firmware update of XXKPN again.
So, just in case if you are not sure of on which version you are on, then go to the path which is Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS which is XKKPN Gingerbread 2.3.5. Also, apply this rooting process to Galaxy S to only phones which are on the XXKPN Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Let’s head to the next page where we will see on what are the quick list of pre Rooting instructions.
Pre Rooting Instructions:
- Backup all the data present in your phone memory so that just in case if any data is lost then you can easily restore the same. With the help of below mentioned tips, you can easily backup and restore the data.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Ensure that your computer has the ADMIN privileges so that full USB write / read rights are active. Also, disable the Firewalls, Antivirus and KIES PC suite in your computer as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of rooting. This step is very important or else there is a high probability that the phone may not even get turn ON for which we should not be held responsible.
- So, before going to the next page download XXKPN Gingerbread 2.3.5 Rooting Package to your computer.
Now, let’s proceed to the next step where we will see on how you can root the phone in the next page.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S GT I9003 on XXKPN Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware:
- Considering the fact that the you have downloaded the Rooting Zip file from the last page, you now need to extract the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas and then extract the file preferably to desktop.
- From the extracted file, you now need to match the contents of zip file which you can match from the below mentioned screen capture.
- Now, open the Odin executable file as shown in the below image.
- After this ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your phone. Enable USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging” as shown in the below image.
- Now, turn Off the phone so that you can enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below mentioned video to get into download mode.
- So, after entering into the download mode connect the phone to computer while keeping the Odin opened in your computer. Once you connect the phone, the ID : COM section will turn yellow.
- Now, click on PDA and select the file which is mentioned below and the click on “Start” to start the process of rooting process.
PDA – CFROOT-XXKPN-09-11-2011
- As soon as the rooting process is finished, the phone will be rebooting on its own. Now, enter the Language selection as well as the Google credentials. Once you see the home screen, turn Off the home screen so that you can then enter into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below video to know more on how to enter into the recovery mode. Refer the below mentioned video to get into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, choose Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option with the help of Volume buttons as well as Power button.
So, in this way you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 phone . Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues while rooting as we will try to fix the same at the earliest. Just in case if the process gets interrupted then you will have to repeat the process to root the phone again.