Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 on XXKPQ Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the Rooting package from the last page of pre rooting instructions, you now need to extract the zip file to a folder in the desktop. In the process of unzipping, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- After entering password, click on OK and then within a minute the files will be extracted to the desktop and open the same to find the files which are shown below. Even if single file is missing then you need to either download the zip file again or check by extracting again.
- After this Open the Odin tool from the extracted files and then turn Off your phone so that you can then enter your phone into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below mentioned video to get into download mode.
- Once you enter the download mode, with the help of the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase connect the phone to the computer and then wait for a minute till the ID : COM section in the Odin turns yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated and you are ready to proceed to next step.
- Now, click on the PDA tab and choose the file which is named as “RootingTAR_XXKPQ_AndroidAdvices” and click on “Start” to Start the process of rooting.
- Once the rooting process is done, the phone will be restarting and then you will have to again turn off the phone so that you can enter the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below video to know more on how to enter into the recovery mode. Refer the below mentioned video to get into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, choose Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option with the help of Volume buttons as well as Power button as shown in the above screen capture.
So, in this way you have successfully learnt on how you can easily root the phone which is on the XXKPQ firmware version. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.