Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 can now be rooted. It was just a couple of days back, Samsung had announced this new smart tablet. But all thanks to the developers at XDA who are faster in coming out with this rooting technique. So let’s check out on how you can root the device with the simple to follow instructions after checking out the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below.
Once the device is rooted, you can then install custom ROM firmwares along with the apps which needs the root access. We will help you in coming days to come on how to install the custom ROM firmwares.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Data in your Galaxy Tab 4 Android smartphone needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following the instructions mentioned in this article.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you need to head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed instructions which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Tab 4 Android device:
- Download and extract the rooting files for your Galaxy Tab 4 which also contains the Odin file.
- Assuming that all the device drivers are installed successfully, you now need to enter your Galaxy Tab in the Download mode.
- Galaxy Tab 4 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device gets into the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin. Once you have clicked on the same, you need to wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to get completed.
- Once the device is successfully updated, you will see the Language preference option in the device and then disconnect the device to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google Play Store.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to root your Galaxy Tab 4 Android tablet. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting the device.