Having an Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V smart phone on the latest 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware? Then we are here with the rooting procedure so that you can then install custom ROM of your choice from a wide variety which we will be checking out in coming days. Please note that you need to ensure you follow all the instructions mentioned in this article. Very soon there will be an official update for Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V which we will be covering soon as in when it arrives as there is no ETA on by when it will be coming up.
Advisory: This update should not be applied to the phones which are NETWORK LOCKED DEVICES, if you still continue to update your phone then we cannot guarantee on the consequences.
Disclaimer: Please be informed that this process involves the rooting of the device and once the device is rooted, the warranty gets void. The only way with which you can restore back the lost warranty is by re installing the stock firmware in your phone. We will try our level best to come up with an article with the factory firmware.
Before proceeding to the detailed procedure on how to root the device, we will check out on how you can back up the data present in your phone so that just in case if the data gets corrupted or lost, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Ensure that the battery is charged with the minimum of 70% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Uninstall all the security as well as antivirus suites from here to your phone as these tools may interrupt the process of rooting.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we will check out on how to root Neo V with the help of simple instructions.
Procedure to Root Sony ERICSSON Xperia Neo V:
- Download and install the Android SDK from here to your computer and then you will have to install the fastboot as well as Xperia USB Driver in your phone.
- Now, copy the files from the fastboot folder to the androidsdk/tools path.
- Download Recovery Image from here to androidsdk/tools path path.
- Now copy the root Xperia in your SD Card and power off the phone.
- Now, enter your Xperia Neo V into the fastboot mode by pressing the Menu key and connecting the phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- After this from your computer, enter into the command prompt and then enter the below mentioned commands one by one as mentioned below.
fastboot devices (you must see the SN of your device)
fastboot boot recoveryNeo.img
- After entering all the commands one by one, the device will now be booting up in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sdcard” and choose “rootxperia.zip” from the list of files and press the Power button to select the same.
- Now, you will have to press the back button to select “reboot system now” after which you will see that the device has been rooted successfully.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will soon come up with the resolution.